Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So much to share-so little time!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Yes-I'm a little Irish, so I wore some green today!
Wow-I can't believe it's been over a month since my last
post. I am the worst blogger ever-I know! Well, between
a cold, then a sinus infection-I was pretty much miserable
for a month. Anyway, I'm back to normal now and I have
tons to share with you. First is the SBEBB Frosty Friends
exchange. I had Linda and this is what I stitched for her.

Peppermint Paul by Helga Mandl
found in the gift of stitching magazine-issue #34
Stitched on my own hand dyed 28 ct monaco
with dmc and dmc color variations threads & mill hill beads
Linda has a really cool close up of the beads on her blog


This was only my second, but final exchange on this board as it was
closing. I wish I had found this board a lot earlier. But I totally understand
and respect the reasons why it closed! I wanted it to be special so I
crocheted this doily for her. I couldn't get the darn thing to lay flat- that's
why it's sticking up in the bottom right corner!


here's the entire exchange. I had read on her blog that she wished
for altoid tins to use for finishing so I found some in my stash and
sent them along.


This is what I received from Judith for the Frosty Friends exchange.
What unbelievable detail. There are charms and a little bell. You must
click on the photo-check out that cute little carrot nose! Thanks so much
Judith-I love it! It's still hanging in my kitchen. She also sent me some
pretty "six strand sweets" floss, of which I did not have any-until now!


Take care everyone and thanks for your visits!
I haven't forgotten, I am working on something
special for my belated blogoversary drawing!

11 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great exchanges, both sent and received!!! Glad to see you back. :)

staci said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Wonderful exchanges!!!

Angela said...

Both exchanges are awesome, love those snowmen :) I'm looking forward to your blog draw, stay tuned mine is coming up shortly :)

Anonymous said...

Laurie
Check out my bloh
heatherstitch@blogspot.com
Your instructions worked perfectly!
THanks
Heather

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Those stitchy pieces are all so great!

Chris said...

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for my beautiful zipper purse, it is so cleverly done and all the goodies inside I was delighted to receive it.. I am posting my thanks here as I dropped out of HoE because I just had too much on... I shall send a photo to Edgar so he can put it on the HoE blog I did post a message there to say I had received it.
Thank you again
And of course I shall post a pic on my own blog I am so proud to have received such a gorgeous exchange
Hugs
Chris x

Diana said...

I love the blue snow man pattern - it's so cute

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

What beautiful stitching.

Nita said...

Please check here for important information about Tiny Treasures Exchange.
Thanks!

Debbie said...

sinus is horrible... so glad you are feeling better! love both exchanges!!!

Just Another Old Geezer said...

I love the snowman! This is so perfect for this time of year - thanks for sharing...

free animal cross stitch patterns