Sunday, July 20, 2008

Teacher's gift

This is the only teacher gift I had time to
make. It was made for DD's (McKenna)
teacher for the end of the year. I wanted to
do something special since I knew this
teacher was being let go-due to budget cuts.
Not to mention, out of all the teachers that
my 3 children have had-she was my favorite.
She will be missed!

Lizzie Kate's-Teaching is a work of heart
Stitched on 14 ct. fiddler's aida (I ran out
of linen & only had a few days to stitch this).
Finished into a pillow. I added a ribbon bow
and then an apple button on top.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments!!

5 comments:

Jane said...

I am sure she will love it. Find it really sad when these teachers have to go because of funding

staci said...

Adorable pillow! I think I have this chart in my stash too (sadly unstitched.)

Our schools have had to cut some teacher positions for the new school year too~~it's so frustrating!

Thanks for visiting my blog ;)

Annie said...

That's a very thoughtful gift. I bet she'll tear up when she sees it. Too bad the best one had to go.

Sandra said...

Adorable! The printed fabric you chose is perfect for it!

Daffycat said...

A wonderful present and your finishing is supurb!