Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More stash shopping!

July 4th weekend, we stayed with some relatives who
have a house on Lake Waukewan in Meredith/New
Hampton, NH (It's next to lake Winnipesaukee). Any-
way, us girls just love to go shopping. So we headed into
Meredith to a few stores. We went into some neat stores
on Main street. Then we went to our usual consignment store.
Love that place!! Next- I had a quilt shop in mind that I wanted
to visit just up the road from the consignment store. I gave
them a call first to find out if they carried cross stitch patterns
-as some do. Well, they didn't. We didn't really have tons of
time so I decided not to go. I mean, I could look at fabric for
hours on end if you let me. I did ask them if they knew of a
place around that did have needlework charts. They did!!
They gave me the number of a store back on Main street.
I called them up and asked where they were on Main, as I
was just there and didn't see them. They told me where and
said I needed to hurry that they were closing in 10 minutes!
Yikes! We quickly flew back to Main street, found the store,
I ran in myself and just started grabbing stuff. I've never
shopped so fast in my life! I was thrilled to find that they had
some different charts that my not so LNS doesn't carry.
Come to find out, this store has been there for 25 years. They
do framing also. We've been visiting this area for 4 or 5 years
now and never knew they were there. Just goes to show ya-
if I hadn't asked the quilting shop, I never would have known.

Take care everyone! Thanks for the lovely comments
on the previous post about my first biscornu! They are
very much appreciated!

3 comments:

staci said...

Great new stash...I've been thinking of hopping on the stash wagon (omgosh, did I say that out loud!!!)

Sandra said...

Beautiful patterns!!! It was a good finding! Enjoy!

lynda said...

Please visit my blog Laurie. There's a surprise for you there.