Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My first biscornu!

Of course-I finished it way back at the beginning of
July and I'm just getting around to posting it now.
Isn't it cute? I know many of you have already seen
this stitched 100 times by now. But it's my first biscornu
and I'm very proud of myself. I will admit that I had to
stop a few times while sewing the front to the back. Boy,
is it tedious-whip stitching all those little backstitches
together. My eyes kept going crazy on me. Thank you to
Carol S. for sending me the pattern-as I was not able to
get the software to work.

As you can see in the picture below-I even signed and
dated it in the corner. It was so much fun making this.
I can't wait to make more. Especially some Halloween/
fall ones! I just love Halloween and Fall.

Buzzing Around Biscornu by Barbara Ana
Freebie-link found here
28 ct monaco-hand dyed by me
dmc fibers

6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Whee! I love (I mean LOVE) this pattern. I should make this for myself someday.

This biscornu is too cute...you did such a great job. Your stitching and finishing is perfect; one would never know this was your first! ***happy dance***

staci said...

Fantastic! It's such a cute pattern and you've done a fabulous job, I can't believe it's your first!!!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Wow - that's lovely!! Can't believe it's a first! Viv xx

Annie said...

That really turned out well. Hard to believe it was the first one you did. You have very even stitching.

Sandra said...

Adorable!!! That's final, I MUST do it!

Carol said...

Beautiful job on the biscornu! I got your email, but it came at such a busy time for me... I shall reply this week ;-)